Rules and procedures required by each credit card company are complex. We urge you to contact your processors for specific questions. One area of frequent interest is that of chargebacks. In general, the following information will be necessary in a chargeback incident:
- Obtain the name embossed on the card and the address of the cardholder
- Obtain the account number and expiration date
- Repeat the account information back to the cardholder to ensure that you have accurate information
- Verify the expected arrival date and length of stay
- Confirm the room rate and location.
- Issue a reservation number and advise the cardholder to retain that for verification of the reservation
- CLEARLY explain the cancellation policy to the cardholder. Make sure they understand the date and time the cancellation privileges expire. Explain to the cardholder the refund policy for any advance deposit. It is helpful if all of this information is printed on your brochures, rack cards, confirmation notices or letters, etc.
Release Date: 1/4/2001 12:00:00 AM