Here you can browse and apply for available jobs in Maine.
F/T Asst. Innkeeper Position – Berry Manor Inn / Rockland Talbot House, Rockland Maine
We are seeking an energetic, gregarious people-person with a true passion for hospitality that shares the owners’ commitment to providing stellar guest services in an upscale and welcoming, yet unpretentious setting filled with humor and laughter. We try to not take ourselves too seriously, but we take the task of delivering exceptional concierge services to our guests very seriously. Ideal candidate is a team player with strong verbal and written communication skills; strong telephone presence; exceptional organization skills with the ability to multi-task; is detail oriented and genuinely enjoys people.
Duties include managing online and in-person reservations, check-ins/check-outs which include luggage assistance up multiple flights of stairs, concierge services, maintaining social media presence, OTA and rate management, supervision of housekeeping staff, breakfast preparation and breakfast service, guest room preparation, light property maintenance & occasional housekeeping and laundry assistance when necessary.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in hospitality or customer service business and experience managing staff is preferred. Computer skills and familiarity with reservation software, Word, Excel, Outlook is a necessity. Familiarity with local points of interests, events, geography and restaurants in Rockland and mid-coast Maine is preferred.
This position is full time, salaried and year-round with more hours worked May through October and less November through April. Position is available immediately when we find the right person to help us prepare for another busy season. Housing is not included with the position. If you feel you could be a great fit for our team, please email a resume with cover letter that communicates who you are and how you see yourself excelling in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call the inn directly.
The Bethel Inn Resort, 21 Broad St., Bethel, Maine 04217
Position: Executive Chef
Level: Senior Management, Fulltime year round
Reports to: General Manager
Key relationships: Sales Team, Dining Rooms Manager, Beverage Manager
Overview: The Executive Chef takes a hands-on approach to manage and coordinate all of the food department activities and staff (approx. 8-10) of The Bethel Inn Resort by providing exceptional food, service and leadership at or above targeted profit levels. The Resort’s food department includes and is not limited to The Main Dining Room, Millbrook Tavern, Health Club Poolside Bar, all banquets, events and catering activities.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Developing all menus for The Millbrook Tavern, Health Club and The Main Dining Room restaurants plus all banquet and specialty menus including Weddings, Holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, NYE, Easter and Mother’s Day.
- Food procurement, security, preparation, design and quality in all resort food outlets and functions.
- The management, recruitment, training, development and scheduling of all kitchen staff.
- Achieving food department profit center financial goals as set forth in the resort’s annual plan developed in coordination with the General Manager.
- Taking a hands on approach in all aspects of the food department and understands the position is by no means an office/administration position.
- Work comfortably with guests and side-by-side with food department and dining room staff.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment and complying with State and Federal regulations.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing department to identify and develop new food revenue enhancement programs and as necessary meet with guests/clients in an effort to assist with sales development.
- Maintain a clean, professional and safe work environment.
- Participate in weekly management meetings.
- Will conduct meetings with kitchen and service staff as needed to ensure productivity, service and product quality and cost controls.
- Work with staff and contractors when necessary to maintain kitchen equipment upkeep and safety standards.
- Notify management prior to the hiring and firing of employees, unless the timing of which is detrimental to a guest’s experience, an employee’s security or the resort’s reputation.
With this position it is impossible to list all of the responsibilities in a job description. It is agreed that both the Executive Chef and the resort’s Management will work together to create an efficiently managed and profitable operation with an emphasis on quality.
– Annual Salary… $TBD
– Vacation…Paid one week in the first year, paid two weeks after one year and thereafter.
– Optional participation in the company’s retirement savings plan, life and dental plans.
– Family use of all resort recreational facilities
– Innkeeper and RCI association travel privileges based on availability.
– Bonus Incentives as follows:
(1) A $ monthly bonus will be paid for each month Food sales and profitability meet projections.
(2) A $ annual bonus will be paid if annual Food sales and profitability projections are achieved.
Email resumes to:
For more information visit www.bethelinn.com
Live On Site Hotel Managers – (Ideally 2 people/couple)
We are a 70 + unit property with several different buildings, on the ocean in Old Orchard Beach, Maine open from May to September, that employs 12-18 desk clerks, housekeepers, etc. We seek two people that will work all aspects of the business and manage employees, guests, buildings. This is a high volume business that requires 24/7 attention during the high season (late June to end of August). Position is year round, but property open only during summer season. You will be living on site,and will work/lead in all areas of business operations. We cater to many French Canadians so some French language skills are a plus.
Candidates must have minimum 3-5 years PRIOR SUCCESSFUL HOSPITALITY EXPERIENCE.
Starting base compensation is $40K/couple, plus a 2 bedroom apartment on the beach, and performance based bonus/commission package.
Housing includes cable TV, wifi, local telephone, utilities, you are required to be flexible with your schedule. You will be required to work every day in peak season and holidays according to guest traffic. We will do our best to schedule time off in slower season.
This position requires someone with a good understanding of property management, prior work in maintenance, reservation software, social media management, and housekeeping oversight and a true self starter.
Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record. Background check will be conducted.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email for initial phone/video interview. Please email resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
Seeking a full time live in Innkeeper in Portland Maine to run a beautiful quaint B&B Inn
Must be very energetic and customer service oriented a MUST.
Check in/Out Guests
Managing website and reservations systems
grocery shopping and general errands
Onsite apartment, with private living room, bath, office and bedroom, internet and wifi
(share the Inn kitchen for meals)
Company credit card
off street parking
1 full day off per week ( varies based on Schedule
2 weeks of paid time off
Weekly stipend per week $300.00.
Bonus at the End of each peak season
If any interest or need more information please contact us via Phone or email